The “Steps to Success” ESL/Food Handlers program has been developed for English language learners interested in improving their workplace English and developing Food Service skills.
This free program prepares students for the Department of Health (DOH) Food Handler certification exam.
- Improve your English language skills
- Learn basic cooking techniques and preparation skills
- Develop experience in the business of hospitality, customer service and problem solving
- Learn job-readiness skills, resume development and interviewing techniques
- Prepare for the NYC DOH Food Handler Certification exam
- Improve your employment and educational opportunities
- Enroll in college courses to further prepare for careers as a dietary aide, or assistant cook
For more information, please call (718) 368-4870 or visit us on campus in Building T2, Room T-231 to find out if you are eligible for this free program.