KINGSBOROUGH ENGLISH LANGUAGE INSTITUTE (KELI)
The Kingsborough English Language Institute (KELI) program is for anyone (including F-1 visa students) interested in college study. KELI is an intensive, academic program that enables English Language Learners to improve their oral and written English, and to develop the necessary skills to prepare for college.
The theme- and project-based learning encourages students to explore American culture, and to develop critical-thinking, and organizational and computer-based research skills that will be used in college.
KELI Program benefits include:
- Customized class placement
- 25 hours per week of study
- Field trips and class activities
- Certificate of Attendance (for students who maintain 90% attendance in class)
- KCC ID card to access campus facilities, including the swimming pool, gymnasium, library, computer labs, Art Gallery and Performing Arts Center, campus bookstore and cafeteria
- Academic preparation for college (advanced classes are suitable for Masters programs)
- Advisement and assistance with CUNY admissions
- TOEFL practice
- TOEFL waiver for eligible students
- 1-20 issued to qualified students
Please come to the ESL Program office in Room T231 to complete registration, testing and payment. You will need to bring a letter from the Foreign Student Advisor in V-101 indicating that you are eligible to register for classes.
The schedule and tuition fees for 2017-2018 are as follows:
Fall 2017 Sept 14 – Dec 12 (12 weeks) $1,150
Winter 2018 Jan 10 – Mar 23 (10 weeks) $1,000
Spring 2018 Apr 10 – Jun 19 (10 weeks) $1,000
Summer 2018 Jul 02 – Aug 13 (6 weeks) $595
For additional information, please call (718) 368-4870, or visit us in Building T2, Room T231