Do you want to hear more about KCC’s CUNY Fatherhood Academy from our Director, Case Manager and a current participant? If yes, watch a segment from ABC’s Here and Now that was aired this past weekend where we talk about our commitment to engaging with fathers who are eager to enroll in college and develop a focused career path so they can better support themselves and their families. If you like what you see, register for an orientation session today!
To be eligible for KCC’s CUNY Fatherhood, you must:
- Be a male between the ages of 18 and 24 years.
- Be eligible to work in the United States (citizen, have a green card, or have a work visa).
- Not be enrolled in college or another training program.
- Have a child or be expecting a baby.
Participants will receive:
- Preparation for the TASC, NY’s high school equivalency exam.
- Career and educational exploration.
- Preparation for college enrollment and job placement.
- Work experience through internships and/or part-time jobs.
- Workshops on important parenthood topics including familial bonding, health, and financial literacy.
After you register online, a CFA representative will call you to discuss your eligibility, answer any questions you have about the program, and register you for an upcoming orientation session.