Are you a father or an expecting father between the ages of 18 and 24? Do you want to get your high school diploma, enroll in college and start your career? Kingsborough’s CUNY Fatherhood Academy (CFA) could be just what you’re looking for! CFA is a comprehensive program designed to promote responsible parenting and economic stability for unemployed and underemployed young fathers through education, employment, and personal development. If you’re ready, fill out our online application to start the registration process.
- Preparation for the TASC, NY’s high school equivalency exam.
- Career and educational exploration.
- Preparation for college enrollment and job placement.
- Work experience through internships and/or part-time jobs.
- Workshops on important parenthood topics including familial bonding, health, and financial literacy.
To be eligible you must:
- Be a male between the ages of 18 and 24 years
- Be eligible to work in the United States (citizen, have a green card, or have a work visa)
- Not be enrolled in college or another training program.
- Have a child or be expecting a baby.
Do you want to know even more? Visit our homepage and then fill out our Orientation Session Application. A representative will contact you to provide additional information about the program, assess your eligibility and register you for an upcoming session.