With 2015 right around the corner, don’t you think it’s time to start following your dreams? We try to keep readers on top of information relevant to upcoming job events. Check our tips on writing and editing your resume, building your professional social media presence, preparing for career fairs and interviews, and discovering relevant job-focused websites. Write your resume, polish your cover letter and start talking to people at these local events:
- December 9, 2014, 3:00-6:00p—Local Union Job Fair @ the Hollywood Episcopal Church 715 W 179th St, NYC
- December 9, 2014 10:00a-3:00p—Diversity Job Fair @ The New York Midtown Hilton Hotel, 1335 Avenue of the Americas NYC
- December 9, 2014 6:00-8:00p—Job Interviewing Preparation @ 30 Broad St, 14th fl., NYC
- December 10, 2014 11:00-3:00pm—National Career Fair @ Holiday Inn Midtown 440 West 57th Street, NYC
- December 13, 2014 12:00-3:00p—NY Career Fair @ Holiday Inn Midtown 440 West 57th Street, NYC
- December 18, 2014. 6:00-8:00p—Job Interviewing Preparation @ 30 Broad St, 14th fl., NYC
CEWD at Kingsborough continues to offer a number of trainings throughout the year. In January, the Northeast Resiliency Consortium will have information sessions for our Community Health Worker and Culinary Arts training programs. If you’re interested in any of these, sign up on the information session website (link above) and an NRC representative will be in contact with everything you need to know.
Links below include events that are open to the public and provide both trainings and business-specific recruitment events:
- NYS Department of Labor
- Workforce1 recruitment events
- New York Public Library resources for job seekers
- Brooklyn Public Library career services events
*Check with sponsors/locations to verify event details.
**This is not the most comprehensive list. If you are sponsoring an event and would like it mentioned on our site, please leave a comment and we’ll make sure it is listed in upcoming posts.