One of these months I’ll get back on a regular schedule for posting job fair information. As always, it might be a little late, but there are still plenty of job fairs coming up throughout the rest of January. Before you head out, though, check our tips on writing and editing your resume, building your professional social media presence, preparing for career fairs and interviews, and discovering relevant job-focused websites. Write your resume, polish your cover letter and start talking to people at these local events:
- January 14, 2015, 12:30-2:00p—Job Searching Skills from Career Thinker @ the Grand Central Library, 135 E. 46th St, NYC
- January 15, 2015 10:00a-2:00p—Job Fair NYC @ the Holiday Inn Midtown, 440 W. 57th St, NYC
- January 21, 2015 6:00-8:00p—NYC Job Fair: Sales, Business Development, Marketing @ the Radisson Martinique, 49 W. 32nd St, NYC
- January 27, 2015 10:00-6:00—Mediabistro Job Fair @ the Altman Building, 135 W. 18th St, NYC
- January 29, 2015 6:00-8:00p—NYC Tech Startup Job Fair @ the Bronx Museum of the Arts, 1040 Grand Concourse, Bronx NYC
- January 29, 2015 11:00-2:00—NYC Career Fair @ the Holiday Inn Midtown, 440 W. 57th St, NYC
CEWD is in the business of providing training opportunities to both unemployed New Yorkers and individuals who wish to enter a new industry. The Northeast Resiliency Consortium has information sessions currently running for our Community Health Worker and Culinary Arts training programs. If you’re interested in either program, sign up for an information session via our website and a representative will be in contact with everything you need to know.
Links below include events that are open to the public and provide both trainings and business-specific recruitment events:
- NYS Department of Labor
- Workforce1 recruitment events
- New York Public Library resources for job seekers
- Brooklyn Public Library career services events
*Check with sponsors/locations to verify event details.
**This is not the most comprehensive list. If you are sponsoring an event and would like it mentioned on our site, please leave a comment and we’ll make sure it is listed in upcoming posts.