KCC Urban Farm is looking for student aides to join our farm crew! Crew members should be responsible, dependable and enjoy working outside. Farm Crew members are hired on as student aides and must be enrolled full-time at KCC.
The student farm crew makes the farm run. You may work up to 20 hours/week, during operational farm hours: M & Th 8:30-1:30pm; Tue & Wed 9-2pm
Our crew is actively involved in all aspects of managing the farm, including:
- Harvest (Monday & Thursday mornings at 8:30 am)
- Irrigation (Watering the garden.)
- Propagation (Planting seeds.)
- Building and turning compost piles.
- Site maintenance (Laying wood chips on paths, moving compost, etc.)
- Delivering produce to our campus partners
- Participating in campus events.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying, please send the following materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org by September 18
- Short explanation of why you would like to work on the farm.
- Class schedule for Fall 2017