NEW YEAR, NEW YOU!
FATHERS, MAKE 2017 YOUR YEAR!
The CUNY Fatherhood Academy (CFA) is a free program designed to promote responsible parenting and economic stability for unemployed and underemployed fathers ages 18-28, through education, employment, and personal development. The program provides a range of academic and personal supports including TASC (High School Equivalency test) preparation classes, tutoring, individualized counseling, parenting seminars, free MTA Metrocards, and job preparation.
The CFA offers two program tracks: HSE Prep and College Prep. Additionally, college and career readiness workshops are offered to prepare participants for college enrollment and identify a career path. Attaining a High School Equivalency (HSE) diploma, enrolling into college, increased familial engagement, and acquiring gainful employment are all essential goals for the
Participants will receive:
- Preparation for the TASC, NY’s high school equivalency exam
- Career and educational exploration
- Preparation for college enrollment and job placement
- Work experience through internships and/or part-time jobs
- Workshops on important parenthood topics including familial bonding, health, and financial literacy.
To be eligible you must:
- Be a male between the ages of 18 and 28 years
- Be eligible to work in the United States (citizen, have a green card, or have a work visa)
- Not be enrolled in college or another training program
- Have a child or be expecting a baby.