The City University of New York was awarded funding through the United States Department of Labor’s Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College and Career Training (TAA CCCT) grant program to offer CUNY Career PATH, a three-year program aimed at supporting adult students in career advancement and successful college transition, and building CUNY’s capacity to serve adult workers.
For more information about all CUNY CareerPATH programs, please visit www.cuny.edu/careerpath or call 1-855-333-PATH (7284).
About CUNY CareerPATH at KCC:
CUNY CareerPATH at Kingsborough Community College provides career and college-focused occupational training, with integrated math skills instruction in Culinary Arts, Food and Beverage Service/Hospitality, and Community Health. Strengthened connections between college transition programs, occupational training, and degree programs—bolstered by strong advisement and enhanced student services—will help students progress at each step of their education and career pathway. In the short-term, participants can earn industry-recognized credentials and find jobs. In the long term, they can translate their training into college credit and enter degree programs.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
In order to be eligible for the CUNY CareerPATH (CCP) program, applicants must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a HS Diploma or a GED
- Be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Be unemployed, a dislocated or TAA-eligible worker, or a worker at risk of losing their job or seeking career advancement
- Have demonstrated academic and/or English language instruction needs
- Have a desire to go to college
- Not already be enrolled in college
- Veterans and eligible spouses including widows and widowers, as defined in the statute and regulations, are eligible for priority of service
*Other eligibility requirements may apply.
Recent CUNY CareerPATH-related posts:
- Natural Gas Technician Program Open House
- Join us for Food Day at KCC!
- NATIONAL GRID SERVES AS ANCHOR PARTNER FOR KINGSBOROUGH COMMUNITY COLLEGE CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE MANAGEMENT ACADEMY IN EXPANDING WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT PARTNERSHIP
- Workforce Development Partnership for Coney Island between Alliance for Coney Island & Kingsborough Community College!
- KCC Urban Farm Volunteer Days
- Food Day at KCC
- KCC Urban Farm is Hiring Student Aides
- Register for the CUNY Fatherhood Academy TODAY!
- Brooklyn Science Innovation Initiative Final Event!
- This Summer at Kingsborough: Chemistry, Nutrition, Business and Farming!
If you’re interested in signing up for CUNY CareerPATH and would like to attend an information session, fill out this quick survey and a CareerPATH will contact you with all the information you need to get your future moving.
This workforce solution was funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. The solution was created by the grantee and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability, or ownership.
The CUNY CareerPATH Program is an equal opportunity employer/program and auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.