KCC Urban Farm and the Farm FIG are offering a number of workshops next month. These workshops are open to all KCC faculty, staff, and students. Please RSVP!
- Planting Seeds for your Vegetable Garden @ KCC Urban Farm
- Part 1: Tuesday, 5/3, 5pm-6:30pm
- Part 2: Tuesday, 5/17, 5pm-6:30pm
- Join us to plant summer crops! Learn about the ins and outs of germination from seed. Participants will plant seeds both on the farm and in trays to take home. Please plan to attend both sessions. Space is limited: RSVP required.
- 5/11, 11:30am, room M-391: Farm FIG shared curriculum Dropbox
- Join us for our second Farm FIG meeting of the semester, where we’ll walk through a shared Dropbox of curriculum resources for teaching about food & agriculture. Have something to contribute? Let us know!
- 5/25, 10:20am, room M-391: Training of Trainers: Learn how to lead our “Intro to Food Systems” workshop with your students
- Our third Farm FIG meeting of the semester will include a mini training-of-trainers for leading a participatory workshop on defining “food system.” This workshop is highly adaptable – we’ve used variations of it in farm tours, classes, and events.
Want more? KCC Urban Farm’s popular Intro to Organic Vegetable Gardening class starts May 4, 5:30-8:30pm, and runs weekly for 8 weeks. More info and registration here.
Please let us know if you plan to attend any of these. See you on the farm!