I was given this on my way in to work this morning:
This new sick leave law, which kicks in on July 30th:
- Applies to working more than 80 hours a year.
- You can earn up to 40 hours a year (1 hour for every 30 hours worked). Accrual began on April 1, 2014 for existing employees.
- Your leave will be paid if your employer has 5, or more, employees and unpaid if under 5.
- If paid, you will receive your regular hourly rate (not less than minimum wage–$8/hr).
- Applies to f/t, p/t, undocumented, transitional workers and family workers.
Visit the NYC Department of Consumer Affairs website to get the full details.